Five Important Cranes Parameters to Know before Purchasing a Crane
Crane widely used in plants, warehouses, material stocks to lift goods or materials. It is prohibited to use equipment in the combustible, explosive to corrosives environment.
In order to supply the suitable overhead crane, each buyer should understand these technical parameters as follows: crane lifting capacity, crane lifting height, work duty, span, and control model.
1. Crane lifting capacity means the crane lifting weight.The lifting capacity of a machine refers to the maximal weight that it can safely lift. For optimal results when it comes to using a crane, be sure to identify its lifting capacity. Failing to do so can result in serious damage to the machine or even serious injury.
2. Crane lifting height refers to how much height can the crane lift. You must understand that the difference among crane clearance, height of lift or hook height and hoist lift, and don't be confused by a vendor quote regarding the term “Lift”. Take a single girder overhead crane for example.
3.Crane span means the horizontal distance center to center of the runway beams.
4.Control model. Usually, there are three control method: pendent control, remote control and cabin control. Most cranes support all three ways.
5.Work duty.it can be classified from A1 to A8.It depend on how many hours the crane will be work every day.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Electric hoist
- Structure of electric hoist
- Part of the electric hoist
- Main classification of electric hoist
- Overview of bridge crane
- Common bridge crane
- Lifting mechanism of bridge crane
- Portal crane
- Summary of gantry crane
- Light crane
- Winch VS Hoist
- Wire Rope Hoist VS Chain Hoist
- Advantage of Low headroom electric hoist
- Introduction of Remote Control
- The role of the limit switch
- Control system of Bridge Crane